I-10 Electric Inboard Motor
PRICES ARE APPROXIMATED - EXACT PRICES TO FOLLOW
The ePropulsion I-Series electric inboard motors offer a range of power inputs and can be easily connected to a shaft drive propeller. These smart intelligent inboards include ePropulsion’s ADAS (Advance Drive Assistance System) that enhances safety and intuitive driving. In addition, a proprietary integrated Connectivity Service and Boating IoT enables owners to remotely access onboard data from anywhere.
Surprisingly compact, these cutting-edge inboard motors offer clean, efficient and quiet boating. Designed with OEMs and boat builders in mind, they are easy to install and to convert existing yachts to electric propulsion. Ideal for leisure marine and commercial workboats the I-Series motors are suitable for:
- small to medium size boats
- sailing yachts
- leisure power boats
- workboats, water buses & ferry boats
What’s more, with built in hydrogeneration, when fitted on sailing boats the motors can recharge whilst under sail. The I-Series electric inboard motors are available in three models, the I-10, I-20 and I-40, with a power input of 10kW, 20kW and 40kW respectively.
I series electric inboard motors
Designed to save weight, which in turn reduces power requirements, the I-Series are 65% lighter weight than a typical combustion engine. And are considerably lighter than equivalent electric motors of similar range/input power.
The small compact size of each unit takes up 60% less space than a traditional diesel engine. This reduces the area needed for engine compartments and frees space on board for builders to use for other purposes.
Easy to install
Likewise, designed as ‘plug and play’ units, the I-Series motors are easy to install and connect to an existing shaft drive. All the internal wiring is connected prior to delivery, reducing installation time and project complexity for boat builders.
Compact & integrated
Each I-Series inboard motor is supplied as a complete system. Designed as a compact unit that integrates the motor, gearbox, motor controller, system control unit and cooling system into a small space.
Smart, modular , safe and reliable
• The i 10 supports Propulsion ADAS system to improve the safety and reduce the complexity of driving for users.
• It centralizes I M and various sensors to make intelligent recognition and detection of vessel and equipment status.
• Advanced human-machine interaction system can actively recognize user's intention to operate intelligently.
• It supports NMEA 2000 communication and future expansions of ADAS.
• All modules use CAN Bus communication and are intelligently configured without complicated manual configuration. Easy for installation and future upgrades.
• High flexibility to allow different number of batteries to be selected according to different range requirements.
Safe and Reliable
• eSSA adopts modular design to enable users to choose different combinations of modules according to different scenarios and usage requirements.
• A complete fault diagnosis system: When equipment and parts fail, the system will identify and remind users through the smart display and clou-based P r o p u l s i o n Connectivity Service platform/application.
• A full redundancy design: When the system recognizes that the equipment and parts are faulty, it will automatically shield and protect the processing to ensure that the boat can continue to run safely as much as possible.
I-Series electric inboard motors built on eSSA
Underpined by the proprietary ePropulsion Smart System Architecture (eSSA) the I-Series design is smart and modular, delivering a safe and reliable performance.
It supports the integration of the ePropulsion Connectivity Service and the Advance Drive Assistance System (ADAS) which improves safety and enhances the driving experience.
Boating IoT (Internet of Things)
Using cloud based data and smart features, the built-in Connectivity Service enables owners to monitor their boat or fleet – anytime, anywhere.
Boat managers can:
- automatically generate sailing logs
- access essential data
- receive updates in the event of any abnormalities.
Performance data such as battery power, voyage data, geo-location and speed monitoring can be readily accessed via a mobile screen.
The I-Series is a modular design, which enable electrification systems to be customised and offer complete bespoke solutions too. The modules include the batteries, propeller, air-cooling, HVAC system, shaft and coupling as well as chargers.
Additional batteries can be added to achieve different range requirements and the system can integrate with NMEA 2000 communications.
I-Series electric inboard motors come with:
- Smart Display 5” colour touch display screen
- a highly precise Smart Throttle
- high level corrosion protection
- waterproof rated IP67
- CD and FCC certification
- RoHS compliance